September 22, 2020: Day 190 of the multiple assaults that this relentless year has unleashed upon us. To paraphrase Pink Floyd, “I have become uncomfortably numb.”
Where Have You Been? Yeah, I know. No one is asking me that. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a response, because I do! On the one hand, I’ve been happily enjoying Jack, our newest and cutest family member. He makes everything else bearable.
On the other hand, I think I have finally hit the point of overexposure to the absolute absurdity of our current Orange Baby-centric Wonderland experiment. How can the human body withstand the relentless onslaught of daily upheaval without becoming numb? For example, while I’ve been writing this, Wonderland has officially recorded 200,000 people dead from Covid.
Imagine for a moment a bomb blowing up any of the following cities:
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Akron, Ohio
- Montgomery, Alabama
You still wouldn’t have as many dead people. Yep, we just lost a pretty big city and the response from OB is to remind us how lucky we are that it wasn’t a bigger city, like Portland, or Seattle, or New York (which apparently he would prefer were removed from the map).
If Only That Was All of It: But it isn’t. Let’s take a look at some of the other wonderful things happening in our beloved state of Wonderland:
- OB preemptively declares 2020 a rigged election while trailing badly in the polls.
- OB castrates the US Post Office to ensure a rigged election.
- OB says he might not leave because it’s a rigged election.
- OB revives mask less revival meetings (because losing Akron isn’t enough?).
- The CDC and it’s related health administration cronies release another guideline (what are we up to now, 99?) about the Corona virus (ensuring extreme confidence in all those who don’t read or listen to the news).
- Non-crony Doctors who remain in the administration’s health agencies are accused of sedition by a non-doctor-crony because they disagree with the other cronies (OMG, seriously? Sedition?).
- California, Washington and Oregon have become burnt-to-a-crisp marshmallows (no loss to OB – they’re Blue, plus they apparently have poor shrubbery floor maintenance plans).
- The English alphabet is insufficient to register all tropical storms in 2020 and seeks assistance from Greek alphabet (Cyrillic alphabet has been put on standby).
- Gulf Coast becomes submerged by numerous tropical storms (aka Alphabet Soup?)
- OB, when confronted about the science of climate change confidently responds, “I don’t think science knows actually.”
- Dominican Republic is only nation on the entire planet Earth to support OB’s request to the UN to extend arms embargo on Iran (seriously, we’re down to only the Dominican Republic?)
- So many Black people continue to be killed on camera by bad cops and white zealots that there isn’t enough time in a day to say their names.
- Millions of US citizens protest the murdering of Black people (OB calls them terrorists).
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg dies six weeks before the election.
- Senate Republicans gleefully disavow their previous vows to not replace a Supreme Court seat in an election year (in fairness, I hate to say it, but I’m pretty sure the Democrats would do the same thing).
So, yeah, it’s been a lot to take in. It’s numbing, maddening, nonsensical. But it’s real. And the only way out of Wonderland is to…